• Oil and gas surveyors: As this job requires lengthy periods of time in the middle of nowhere, having a satellite phone is essential. Whether searching for natural gas in the desert or residing on an oil rig in the middle of the ocean, these devices will allow the surveyor to keep in touch with their superiors anytime of the day.
• Truck driver: Anyone who is on the road constantly will travel through some pretty remote areas. Here, regular mobiles will not function and the driver will require the abilities of a satellite cell to keep the base updated about their progress.
• Farmers: Growing crops or looking after livestock can often involve being far away from civilization. Having a satellite phone means that you can contact wholesalers, equipment suppliers and emergency services at all times, anywhere on the farm.
• Fishermen: The open seas can be dangerous and it is important to have with you a reliable channel of communication so that you can inform those back on land about what is going on. Bringing along a satellite cell is a smart idea that will keep you organized and safe.
• Aid workers: Reconstructing a village or helping out in a third world hospital can take you away from areas where standard reception can be found. In these cases, renting a satellite phone may be the only way to keep in touch with the rest of the world.
These are list of possible users of Satellite phone equipment in Australia supplied by satellite phone subsidy scheme